Welcome to our group!
Our focus is to help IHSCM members to feel they can tell us about their carbon reduction and sustainability initiatives and help implement these initiatives. Our group also aim to help organisations reach Net Zero Emissions, welcoming new members to the group and networking opportunities.
Elaine Mead (Executive Director of Improvement, Care and Compassion, IC&C) Chair of Greener Care SIG
The Greener Care SIG highlights environmental sustainability and carbon reduction best practice. It has a large and lively membership with regular events and meetings.
If you would like to get in touch with your carbon reduction initiatives, so that we can help you implement them, please get in touch.
Friday 12th November 13:00-14:00pm.
This meeting will open with a presentation from IHSCM Member and Greener Care SIG Member, Steve Moore.
Steve is currently in Saudi Arabia working in the Strategy Office within the transformation department, leading on advancing Saudi’s Healthcare 2030 vision.
Steve will share his experiences on how we can learn from one another and jointly build capabilities to transform health into a greener sector. Covering both top-down and bottom up approaches.
Please join us for this insightful presentation. We will then resume the agenda of this month’s meeting. All are welcome to attend and stay for the duration of the meeting.
Friday 17th December 12:00-13:00pm.
Actions from previous meeting:
- How To Do Greener Care in Action video modules
- Module 1 – Why do we need a sustainable agenda?
- Module 2 – Global, National and Local Impacts
- Module 3 – Waste, recycling and efficient use of materials – Procurement
- Module 4 – Pharmaceuticals – Calculating Carbon Footprint
- Module 5 – Practical Tips – What can I do?
- Members survey
- PowerHour 8-9am on 6th July.
- Conference in Autumn 2021.
Access Our Resources
The Secret to Talking About Climate Change
Your Carbon Footprint explained
Latest news and updates
Join the Greener NHS Community
- The Greener NHS Community is for anyone in the NHS who is passionate and enthusiastic about contributing to a net zero NHS and wants to do more.
- Greener NHS Community members will spread the word about a Greener NHS, build anticipation about big events and moments, help engage with other people locally and share their views and insights to inform national and regional plans.
- Being a Greener NHS Community member shows that you support the pioneering work of the NHS to become the world’s first net zero health system.
- Find out more
Greener Care Conference 2021
If you were unable to attend our very successful Greener Care Conference then you can now watch all the presentations at your leisure.
In addition to this, Kim Croasdale had an abundance of questions to answer on the day and you can find these, and her answers, by clicking here.