SPRING MEMBERSHIP OFFER !
Until May 2019 we are offering all new members full IHM membership at the discounted rate of £70 for the first year. This offer is available via annual subscription only.
To take advantage of this offer please use the code “SPRING2019” as you checkout.
Benefits of membership
An IHM membership demonstrates a recognition of commitment to your profession and a desire to be actively involved in shaping its future. We recognise the importance of peer support and the strength of a united body and work to support all health and social care managers and leaders to develop and uphold high standards of practice throughout the industry. Health and social care services will only get better if all professions within it work together.
Our aim is to create and provide a supportive professional body that is compelling to join, relevant in its activities and contemporary in its approach and our vision is for all health and social care managers to be their best and love what they do. Each of our membership offerings works towards meeting our aim and vision.
Benefits of being a member include:
- Access to great ideas, research and tool kits that support continuous development;
- Being able to use your voice to shape policy and drive real change in health and social care;
- Events that spark imagination and create momentum;
- Exclusive access to our members area, our key research, surveys and toolkits;
- Being part of a community that can provide ongoing support, advice and personal development;
- Great member’s discounts across a range of offers such as 50% off of the Roy Lilley ‘Health Chats’;
- Access to formal qualifications to become an accredited health/social care manager;
- Access to free legal advice through our legal partner, Law Express;
- Online training and development modules across a range of topics;
- Access and input to research;
- Our informative weekly e-newsletter from our CEO;
- Insight into key views and thoughts through our blog series written by a variety of guests;
- The opportunity to show dedication to your profession by stating MIHM after your name (for full/Associate members only)
As we develop the IHM and its membership offering, the benefits will continue to grow and we will work closely with our members to make sure we continually deliver what will provide most value to them.
Within the IHM, there is a place for all managers working within a health or social care and are committed to its purpose.
Anyone commissioning, delivering or supporting health and social care, in its widest context, is welcome. We recognise that our members come from a broad spectrum of organisations who provide services which determine our health and wellbeing.
Our diverse and inclusive membership includes managers, and those progressing towards a management role, from the NHS, social care, public health, private sector, military, charity and voluntary sectors, as well as a thriving overseas representation – across all management levels and disciplines.
- Corporate membership is available, providing associate membership for employees. Please contact our membership team to find out more and discuss your organisation’s needs.
Full Membership – MIHM (£130 per year)
- A recognised management qualification (certificate, diploma or S/NVQ level 3) or demonstrable learning through relevant experience.
- Two years management experience within an organisation commissioning, delivering or supporting health and social care.
- Note – Management in this context means the planning, organising and directing of an organisation’s resources.
Associate Membership (£130 per year)
- If you do not fully satisfy the criteria for full membership and currently work or have worked in the health and social care sector you can become an associate member.
Student Membership (£40 per year)
- For students undertaking a full time undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in healthcare management or a related discipline.
- Student membership will be reviewed on an annual basis. You will then need to re-apply for Student Membership if you are still in full-time education, or, if applicable, apply for a higher membership grade.
Retired Membership (£36.60 per year)
- Many of our members have dedicated their working life to upholding the ideals and developing the skills and professionalism necessary for managing today’s health and social care services and wish to continue to be actively involved in and to support their colleagues working in the sector.
- Companion membership is by invitation only, to senior leaders and managers who demonstrate outstanding management achievements.
How to join
You can now complete the whole join up process online!
Once your application has been processed you will receive your welcome letter.
For more information or if you have any queries, please contact our membership team who will be happy to help.