SPRING MEMBERSHIP OFFER !
Until May 2019 we are offering all new members full IHM membership at the discounted rate of £70 for the first year. This offer is available via annual subscription only.
To take advantage of this offer please use the code “SPRING2019” as you checkout.
Our diverse membership encompasses NHS, local government and military healthcare managers of all levels and disciplines. Having an IHM membership demonstrates a recognition of commitment to your profession and a desire to be actively involved in shaping its future.
Membership brings real professional benefits developed to meet the changing needs of the healthcare sector including involvement in influencing policy decisions, an added voice to the management workforce, and a wide range of educational and networking opportunities through relevant events, communications and online activities.
The IHM recognises the importance of peer support and the strength of a united body and works to support all healthcare managers and leaders to develop and uphold high standards of practice throughout the industry. We believe that healthcare will only get better if all professions within it work together.
Benefits of membership
Our aim is to provide a create a supportive professional body that is compelling to join, relevant in its activities and contemporary in its approach and our vision is for all healthcare managers to be their best and love what they do. Each of our membership offerings works towards meeting our aim and vision.
Benefits of being a member include:
- Access to great ideas, research and tool kits that support continuous development;
- Being able to use your voice to shape policy and drive real change in healthcare;
- Access to exciting events that spark imagination, create momentum and give access to great healthcare thinkers;
- Exclusive access to our members area, our key research, surveys and toolkits;
- Being part of a community that can provide ongoing support, advice and personal development;
- Great member’s discounts across a range of offers such as 50% off of the Roy Lilley ‘Health Chats’;
- Access to industry experts and mentors through our coaching and mentoring scheme;
- The ability to become an accredited healthcare manager;
- Access to free legal advice through our legal partner, Law Express;
- Online training and development modules across a range of topics;
- Access and input to our latest research;
- Our informative weekly e-newsletter from our CEO;
- Insight into key views and thoughts through our blog series written by a variety of guest bloggers;
- The opportunity to show dedication to your profession by stating MIHM after your name (for full members only);
As we develop the IHM and its membership offering, the benefits will continue to grow and develop and we will work closely with our members to make sure we continually deliver the benefits and value they want to see.
Within the IHM, there is a place for all managers working within health or social care who meets its eligibility criteria and are committed to its purpose.
Current IHM members come from:
- Primary care, secondary care, mental health and community care
- All sectors, whether public, private or voluntary
- Organisations in primary care, NHS trusts, foundation trusts, Strategic Health Authorities, general practice, armed
- forces, community health partnerships and independent consultancies
- A variety of professional backgrounds and job functions including chief executives, middle managers and students.
Full Membership (£130 per year)
- Two years healthcare management experience or five years senior management experience outside of the health sector
- A recognised professional or managerial qualification or demonstrable relevant experiential learning.
- For doctors, this is specialist registar level or above.
Associate Membership (£130 per year)
If you do not yet satisfy all the criteria for Full Membership you may become an Associate Member while working towards becoming a Full Member.
Student Membership (£40 per year)
For students undertaking a full time undergraduate or postgraduate qualification in healthcare management or a related discipline.
Student membership will be reviewed on an annual basis. You will then need to re-apply for Student Membership if you are still in full-time education, or, if applicable, apply for a higher membership grade.
Student members who choose to upgrade will not be charged the upgrade fee.
How to join
You can now complete the whole join up process online!
Once your application has been processed you will receive your membership card and welcome letter.
For more information or if you have any queries, please contact our membership team who will be happy to help.