NHS WORKFORCE CONFERENCE 2022
“Convenzis is one of the best event organisations I ever came across. Guess the secret is that it is a family business. Short lines of communication, quick solutions and always an eye on the topic, the speakers and the auditorium … oh, and remarkably fair prices for the provided content. Keep up the spirit, guys!” Medical University of Innsbruck
In 2019 NHS England released the first details of the highly anticipated NHS People Plan (formally Workforce Implementation Plan) which has been produced with 5 key themes:
- Make the NHS the best place to work: We must make the NHS an employer of excellence – valuing, supporting, developing and investing in our people.
- Improve our leadership culture: Positive, compassionate and improvement focused leadership creates a culture that delivers better care. We need to improve our leadership culture nationally and locally.
- Prioritise urgent action on nursing shortages: There are shortages across a wide range of NHS staff groups, However, the most urgent challenge is the current shortage of nurses. We need to act now to address this.
- Develop a workforce to deliver 21st-century care: We will need to grow our overall workforce, but growth alone will not be enough. We need a transformed workforce with a more varied and richer skill mix, new types of roles and different ways of working, ready to exploit the opportunities offered by technology and scientific innovation to transform care and release more time for care.
- Develop a new operating model for the workforce: We need to continue to work collaboratively and be clear about what needs to be done locally, regionally and nationally, with more people planning activities undertaken by local integrated care systems (ICSs).
Join us as we focus on the plan’s development and the outcomes already being shared from the plan’s initial rollout.The event will share the latest policy updates from key organisations including NHS England and Improvement and NHS providers, adjacent to this you will hear from some key teams across the NHS that have been implementing new models of working within their organisations and the benefits to both staff and patients.
Join us at NHS Workforce Conference 2022 as we discuss how these initiatives have been driven over 2021, into 2022 and the improvements that have been made.
NHS WORKFORCE CONFERENCE 2022 KEY SUBJECTS
Our Virtual NHS Workforce Conference series has followed the plan since its inception in 2019, 2021 was a crucial year for the NHS, as the NHS Interim People Plan set out a long-term strategy that for the first time in history has been agreed upon across the whole health services, the plan focuses on 3 key areas:
- Recruiting more staff:
- Making the NHS the best place to work:
- Driving innovation to provide 21st-century healthcare