Clinicians and Managers
Creating stronger relationships between managers and clinicians
What’s the issue?
- Almost three-quarters (74%) of managers report that the relationship between clinicians and themselves is “a partnership with areas of tension” or “a relationship of tolerance with frequent tensions”
- A further 14% describe it as having “persistent and unresolved tensions”
- A similar percentage (73%) think the relationship will stay the same or get worse over the next five years
What are we calling for?
- Promote paired learning and shadowing
- Encourage clinicians to take up management roles
- Create working environments that encourage informal interactions between clinicians and managers
Download full report here: Creating stronger relationships between managers and clinicians